Sunday 20 March 2011

Storyboard

photo Ochlochy pond, Dunblane
                                                                   (where I learned to skate on ice!!)
Feb 14th 2011 at last I manage a first meeting with Wayne Thomas about storyboard. We have a discussion about my project and my ideas so far. after the session with Wayne I have a clearer idea of how to set out my plans .......this is my task for our next meeting!

Feb 22nd I present my ideas in a sketched out format for Wayne. It is great talking through the ideas afresh as it helps me to be clearer about where I am going with all this. We also discover some strange coincidences...I talk of music I will use (my son Finn's )and discover Wayne's daughter is at the same college. I talk of my plan to use the childhood skating experience I seem to share with Norman and discover Wayne knows the area well where I learned to skate!!!

March 3rd I have tried to storyboard my ideas for my film and present them to Wayne. I feel that I am not very clear at first but am reassured that the ideas i speak of are very clear to him. I certainly have a picture in my mind, but, like choreography it is hard to present that idea to anyone else. But I know that i will have to make my storyboards clear if I am to enlist help.
Wayne shows me some of his own storyboard work and talks me through the process and the rationale behind it. This is all brilliant for me.
I also talk Wayne through some of my family research...i have now photos of the family from Norman's mum and her 7 siblings...my grandfather being one, and their parents....and one grandmother from the previous generation. I realise how much I have as I look through it again......

No comments:

Post a Comment