Monday 14 March 2011

All Made Up

31st January 2011 we started working on a 48 hour film project..
After a rundown on film roles...i.e director, producer etc..we were given a task...a one minute film idea containing 3 characters, 10 shots max, 7 min, dialogue, music and sound.
I found this a bit daunting but an image did come to mind for which I then sketched a script.
We spent time with Peter on how to pitch an idea and were sent home to prepare. astonishingly my script was chosen along with one other and production began right away. I had to prepare a script, storyboard it and form a team to take the idea on.
This was all new ground for me but once I got started it seemed to get easier.
 In my team I then had to be the producer.
Our director, James Bell was a joy to work with. Clear in his instructions, and focused on task. We worked really well as team with Adam thomson in charge of camera shot and Kaye editing.
It was hard as the writer to stand back and let james take over but made easier by my confidence in him.
 I enclose here the list of shots we planned .with some changes to the original ideas.
The team was brilliant. We worked on day one, to plan, so that day two went as smoothly as possible.
I as producer had to make a time schedule and to list props, locations, find actors, find props make up etc.




I had to storyboard for the original 'pitch' but with James the team refined these and discussed them until we were all happy with the final plan. we also kept strictly to the brief in limiting the shots to 10 and in working closely as a team. By the time we started shooting at 11 am on day two everything was in place and we were all clear in our various roles.             
I had to procure our actor, sandy, and apply make up at 10.30 am and to brief him on exactly what we wanted him to do. all the shots and sound bites we did with him were great.   Then the production team  headed off to our next location. We planned all the remaining shots in and around this location but had to mask windows etc so this was a long process. All went according to plan, and looking back the shots were very different (some) from how I as writer imagined. Adam did a great job behind the camera and we all pitched in to set up the scenes etc.                                                                                            
                             Edit was also a huge task.
                                                                             Kaye doing the initial edit and then a team approach to the final cut.   
               

And here's the resulting        one minute film....All Made Up

No comments:

Post a Comment