Monday 28 March 2011

sand work/ fruit tree


Some time back I was introduced to sand animation by Sharon. I have had a couple of shots at this now and it is  certainly an extremely good way to explore animation timing. I find as I am working I am completely absorbed in the task.......hours have passed and I did not notice!! But I find this work much more satisfying than working at the computer. I think a lot about the timing ...how that is related to dance..but feel I am still at such an early stage that I am still looking for how to describe these connections.
I felt one of the areas I am passionate about at the moment is fruit and fruit trees... we are trying to replant / graft heritage pear trees in Newburgh and I have pear, apple ,plum and cherry trees in my own garden.So it seemed like a good topic for my first attempt at sand animation.!




1 comment: