Monday 28 March 2011

figure

Sharon has suggested I try some charcoal animation. I like this as an idea and feel it would be  a good way to capture dance. I had a go..it is really amazing to do....and I love the results although I am still learning about timing and I realise this will take an enormous amount of work to produce something I am happy with. I can move on with this by getting back to Reinhard's life drawing class and working in charcoal there too. for some reason I seem to be unable to transfer the clips of these tests.......the joys of a digital imigrant!!
I do feel too that I could use this technique for a part of my film where I want to explore the links between dance and animation.I loved the quality of the charcoal where it has been rubbed out...a little memory for me of McLaren's pas de deux came when I played back the sketches I was working on. Being able to see where the body had been as it wsa moving on.....

and on a second attempt I managed to get the video to copy.......yes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment