Friday 21 October 2011

water...snow....ice...river...lake

Ice is just water frozen....water is so different in a frozen state...how will I capture that?
I have spent many months gathering images of a variety of states of water. apart from one image of the Hudson at sunset from McLaren's home address all these photos are my own. McLaren wrote about water on his journey to New York in 1939 and I feel it likely that he would have noted all these varying states of water...and had a response to them.
I am looking for ideas about the location of my film....where will Norman be skating?

 this image of the river Allan in full flood...peaty and turbulent and very dangerous........was taken in Dunblane


The Tay at Dunkeld on a calm sunny day

and later with the sun reflecting on the pools





snow ...water falling frozen.....across the hills.............



the Tay frozen....it must have looked a bit like this in Norman's description of the frozen river Hudson...

or the loch frozen....


There are a lot of possible settings for Norman...skating on the river..or the loch...it would be a pond in canada probably.........plenty to choose from

No comments:

Post a Comment