Friday 21 October 2011

photo exhibition

I am really pleased that two photographs of mine have been chosen as part of a new exhibition in Perth. Encounters with place opens on Monday 24th October at Perth Theatre. The photographs chosen are two which I took while exploring the light in the Stirling area. I was inSherrifmuir when a storm was approaching. Sherrifmuir is a very ancient place with a great history. The approaching storm made me think of the battle of Sherrifmuir. I likened the approaching  storm to a battle and the aftermath revealed through misty layers.

Approaching storm (above) is the photo also which I think most captures the sense of light McLaren used in 'La Haut sur ces Montagnes' his film on a French folk song. My Photo, printed larger that A3 shows that the hint of green on the hilltop is  also just visible and that there is a hint of pink in the clouds.
I am actually going to use this photo within my film. I have an idea to suggest McLaren's film within my own. And to use my own photo image as a backdrop.

This is the second chosen image 'Misty layers' which was taken after the storm om Sherrifmuir. I am especially delighted that the exhibition is being curated by Arthur Watson as I know and like some of his work on scottish landscape and atmosphere. On Sunday the artists will all be treated to a brunch where Arthur will lead us around ,and introduce us to, the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment