Wednesday 9 May 2012

ideas for live action/ motion graphic combination


 I have been talking to another masters student about our projects and found a few common areas of interest. Link wants to film in a wood for his film and I have a few suggestions to give him so we have looked at some of my photos as I feel I have seen areas which fit his description. I have also offered to help with his filming since I feel quite comfortable now with camera. I also talked to him about motion graphics and ways to combine them with live action. We all see a similarity between his work for Mhairi's placement outcome and Norman McLaren's 'Stress' drawings ....and this has given me an idea ...if I have time I would like to introduce  trial of hinting at McLaren's drawing within my film....it ties up many pieces of my research and journey..and Link showed me this film while we were discussing the idea.







At 1.10 in the film a series of lines come out from the fingers of this guy..and a still of this looks uncannily like the drawing in question... I am risking going off on a tangent here but felt I did want a way back in to refer to McLaren!! this may be it!!
Another piece near the end could be a possible for the feathers I am also trying top solve....Time to bring in the troops!!

A number of people have said over the last few days that I am perhaps trying to achieve the impossible in the number of new skills I am bringing to this film but I have also had a number of offers of help which is fantastic!! home straight?..well no...I know how that feels as an ex sprinter... but this feels more like a marathon...and hopefully a sprint at the end??

No comments:

Post a Comment