Tuesday 15 May 2012

animating

Having just said I must not lose sight of the outcome ...a dance film...I embarked on another animation test today. I have spent some time looking at swans and filming them as well as examining photos and other film footage. Also drawing them...sketches in pastel again. I made a plan of 9 key stages I thought were right and brought it into the line tester. With some great help from a couple of other students I managed to adjust the frames to add 'in between' frames....or 'tweenies' as Brian likes to call them! I also added more frames where the weight of the wings would slow the movement down against gravity.

I am happy with the result and looking forward to starting to colour...with pastel.
Again I see that my grasp of movement is good and that I am able to internalise movement...obviously not flying exactly!! but I feel it does help me to understand movement principles.















At this point in the masters I feel I am only just beginning to explore a fraction of the possibilities and wondering how I might be able to continue after leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment