Tuesday 10 April 2012

snow "particles"

Spent some time with Garry looking at creating snow in other ways. `We looked at final cut and in the end worked on a programme Garry has himself. I drew 4 versions of snow flakes....tho at the time I did not fully realise how they were to be used....I photographed these and in photo shop we created 4 layers. The plan had been to create one snow flake but what we did uses all 4 versions. It took a lot longer than expected but it was great to see this other method of animating. This is just a test of course but I can see ways it could be used. In fact I feel it might work better as feathers...so at some point I will make another few drawings of feathers and try the process through again.

It seems that opinions vary on how well this works. And in making this we had a few comments from other students and suggestions of yet more ways to tackle the problem. There is something about this "particle" version which I do like. but for snow I think I prefer the traditional 2D method. I am looking forward to how this is with a number of flakes!!
The process of drawing is more "me" somehow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment