Sunday 22 April 2012

filming

The learning curve on the masters course has been amazing!! I have now worked with five different cameras and decided that for me it is best to work with a tape since I am slow with the editing and best to have my film in a format I can take away quickly. Today I spent the day filming with Emily again, this time in a decent location with good lighting. I used the Z1 but had two cameras on the shoot ...one taking a general shot and the other for close up and angles. We were supposed to have filmed a few weeks back but there were some problems and I had to postpoine, instead doing a trial film session of the lighting and angles but with myself dancing..not ideal but informative. I wanted a second opinion about the choice of lighting for the final shoot. I found getting this footage off the tape really frustrating since the Z7 was not available (but necessary) for log and capture...hence the choice of Z1.
Lighting choice for today was side lit with three birdies on a stand about 15 inches above each other and offset to widen the area covered. shooting was from three different angles, thus changing the effect. Two versions of the piece are costumed in black and two in white. A final close up of feet with reflection in the floor produced an effect I really love. Can't show it here till I edit...but it gave me an idea...could I use the film I have of water...a still is shown here..


The film is taken on mini disc...an editing nightmare...but I feel it is a key to the transformation from body to swan...I am going to work on this ...
Altogether I am really pleased with the day's filming and have a huge amount of material to work with ...Emily is off to Thailand soon so this is our last session together...glad it went so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment