Monday 22 November 2010

Interesting paths/ visualisation of ideas/emotions


THE ROAD NOT TAKEN

Dance Artist  Tricia Anderson
Photographer Marysia Lacowicz


Earlier this year I collaborated with photographer Marysia Lachowicz. Our piece entitled' The Road Not Taken' was inspired by Robert Frost's poem sharing this title. I have always been tempted by the less obvious path. I am not a rebel, just curious. I always asked 'Why?' as a child...and I think I still do!!! The film 'Pocohauntis' makes my neck tingle..especially when she opts for the dive off the cliff as a route home rather than the slow walk!!.I see myself as an explorer...left to my own devices I would stray for days...months...years ..to discover the meaning of everything!!I am always tempted by what might lie 'just around the river bend' !! So this photo was an exploration of that side road and what may lie there! It was part of an exhibition at The Birnham Arts Centre in Dunkeld .             http://www.pvaf.org.uk/                                                                          




The wheels of emotion (PLUTCHECK 1980 ) from Kevin's blog



This diagram seems to me to be the perfect tool for a costume or set design department!! As a choreographer I will certainly refer to it from now on. To know what colours (supposedly) represent which emotions seems like great information to have. Though maybe I will not always agree-there must be many situations where you can say more than one feeling is present? In the chackra diagram, these colours seem to be representing something different...maybe we need to chat about this Kevin?




In fact, during my research I came across this little drawing sent by norman to his two nephews...









This is a fascinating take on 'process' and the animator.If the artist has taken himself through a particular experience on the artistic journey the internalising of this will show in the final work. I love the way Kentbridge expresses this in his own words when talking about the film.It is the key to the integrity of the artist's process.
The film also confirms for me the power of simplicity.
To leave space for the audience to have an emotional response and thoughts about the work is important.
A very powerful piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment