Tuesday 23 November 2010

atmosphere, simplicity, music



Thank you Kaye for introducing me to this wonderful film. I have watched it again in the light of your detailed analysis of it. The music ...funny that I was so entranced by the film that I did not remember that it was an accordion..the father of european folk instruments!( Actually my musical son tells me it might be a French musette...that is also the name of this type of tune...)This of course immediately sets the film as a kind of folk tale I think. Certainly it takes place in the countryside..perhaps there is an inherant supposition of country values too.
The visual of the film was so beautiful. the simplicity of sepia tones and black/ brown and cream. Line drawings..not too much detail to distract you from the message but always enough to trigger your emotional response.Again I am reassured that my love of simplicity in visual art is grounded. I found this film very moving, totally gripping and very satisfying. Less is more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment