Thursday 8 March 2012

richard Layzell

Attended the Richard Layzell class today for members of DAIR. this was a great experience once again and thought provoking in the extreme. I teamed up with two people I did not know before and we chose to look at Dundee's relationship with its coast line. Among the day's discoveries were core samples from 38 metres below the river bed (in preparation for the V&A building work), a ramp which goes straight into the river,  the area at the back of the hotels which look out across the Tay and a small enclosure hidden by trees which is obviously a secret meeting spot!! It is so good to be asked to look at the world from a different viewpoint, something we do not do often enough. It would be good to document how this particular area changes as the V&A progresses. I would like to take this work up again when my masters course is finished.

Time is racing now and there are a lot of people I would have liked to spend more time with. It is a great shame that animation students do not meet more often with fine art students as i feel the cross fertilisation of ideas to be of great benefit. How I would ever have coped full time I have no idea. My decision to be part time has allowed me to enrich my creativity and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment