Sunday 4 March 2012

Filming

This last two weeks have been spent both preparing and executing filming trials for the live action section of my film, Norman's Skates. ( working title at this point) In workshop I have also looked for more ideas on a visualisation of skating and the emotions it stirs in people. I have worked with two groups, and filmed in two venues..three altogether now. The Hannah McLure Centre has provided a black box which is ideal, but I have also been filming in a light space and will try other ideas out.
In the studio I have been trialing a variety of lighting situations....angles....and I am now looking at what can be done with these various clips in edit and after effects. Initially I used two smaller lights and tried lighting from a variety of positions...I have had tutorials again in  after effects and camera technique and operation and have now been working with the EX 1 camera, which has produced amazing quality. I have also had to complete a health and safety session in order to take out lights. Carrying all the equipment was hard work!!
(For the first trials I have been lighting tech, choreographer AND camera operator!! This is not sustainable, however and I am trying to build a team of people around me who can assist in the technical tasks).
I am constantly encouraged by the fantastic response of the dancers I am working with and feeel extremely fortunate to have all this talent around me. Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment