Sunday 1 May 2011

the still point of the turning world; Jessica Langford



This piece inspired me to try out sand animation if only to find out how it was done.....Jessica has done with dance...from an animation background...what I am trying to do with animation...from a dance background.
I know Norman Douglas's work too...and like it..so this was a double treat for me to find this film. It is good to see someone else exploring...it is a lovely piece of dance/ theatre/ animation. I especially love the way the film and performance are totally integrated. I watched a dance performance two weeks ago which had film and dance, and did not really feel that they were integrated as well as this...it is something to think about.

at my external, Henry Lutman suggested that to have performance and film was asking a lot of myself and that perhaps I should just make the film and add performance in some showings....in other words the film should satnd alone. I guess this would make some elements of the work less complicated!! langford has presented both as a  film...performance and animation...I have to really question what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment