Sunday 1 May 2011

Nomansland



What is this strange thing ????????
.....one of the things animation can do is to ask you to look at something you know well  ( In this case dancer/ choreographer Michael Popper!)from  a new perspective...to make you really engage with a subject on a new level. I also like , increasingly, work which uses the camera to capture real action but to interpret it in a new way. Somehow it is more satisfying to have to work things out...to participate more deeply...as an audience.

It makes me think of a piece I once did where I set myself the task of moving so slowly that nobody noticed I was moving till I reached a new place.......Animation allows you to dictate the pace...speed up ...slow down...achieve movement that would otherwise be impossible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment