Sunday 31 July 2011

more life drawing


 I decided to spend some time building on my skills. I attended a day of life drawing . Most of the techniques were new to me. after a quick warm up of fast drawing we attempted a drawing not looking at the page. This produced a curious wiggly line with a life of its own...fun to do making sure never to lift the pencil!
Then we went on to try sketching out form and mass using brush an ink. we were encouraged to use a long can and brush so there was no way to do it but from a great distance..this was amazing!! and surprising results                                                                                                                                                  



Continuing on with paint and brush was this water colour over worked with pen line. ..the pillar is at an angle because of my photo!! it was not leaning when I drew her..she was!!.I liked working with brush and will try it again in the future. I particularily liked the sepia colour.
here 's the wiggly line drawing..looks like an old man

Back to working with pastel...conte and a drawing that took about three hours. It is a long time since I worked at a drawing for this long and it was very satisfying to do so. I am actually quite pleased with the results..but the head not quite to scale..worked on by me and tutor!!! must do more of this too. pastel seems to be a good medium for me. wondering if I can take photos next time of the process. something to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment